10 Simple Beauty and Relaxation Tips
With hectic work schedules and lifestyles it is easy to forget about ourselves. Here are ten very simple ideas that dont take a lot of time and can improve your appearance and your stress level.
1. Take pride in wanting to look and feel your best. Appearance matters. Beauty maintenance includes exercise, proper nutrition, drinking water daily and self acceptance. Caring for yourself physically inside and out will help you feel good emotionally.
2. Have a professional massage to de-stress and relax. A full body massage is wonderful for improving circulation and allowing blood to flow more freely through the body. With the increased blood flow to the brain you may feel more alert. Massage may also reduce blood pressure. Because endorphins are increased some people may feel a sense of well bring.
3. Stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen. Applying a vitamin C cream with sunscreen increases its effectiveness against sun damage to your skin. Vitamin C cream also helps prevent your skin from dehydration and wrinkles.
4. Exercise daily because inactivity can contribute to obesity, cardiovascular problems, stiff joints and low energy.
5. Try eating more Blueberries. Blueberries promote collagen production. The collagen in the skin helps prevent wrinkles and keeps the skin looking youthful.
6. Candles provide a wonderful soothing mood that is relaxing and eases stress. Scented candles also create a warm glow that releases aromatherapy into the air. Create a comforting home environment with candlelight to come to after work or around the bath tub after a long day with the kids.
7. The English have tea time in the afternoon. Instead of the traditional English tea try a cup of Green tea. Green tea is full of wonderful anti oxidants. These antioxidants cleanse your system and are also a diuretic and will help you to loss weight.
8. Treat yourself to a scalp massage when you go in for your next hair appointment. A lot of people hold stress in their scalp and neck areas. The neck muscles are connected to the head and scalp. A little scalp massage will help reduce headaches, increase circulation and relax you. To enhance the experience some salons have different aromatherapy scents for you to choose from. Try mint, rosemary, eucalyptus, or lavender. Lavender is commonly use for calming. Sit back relax, breath deeply and treat an often neglected area of your body to an invigorating massage.
9. Book a professional facial at a spa or doctors office. In addition to having your face treated to a cleansing, exfoliation and hydrating treatment add your décolleté and hands. These areas have thinner skin and age quicker so take care of them.
Fight stress with things you love to do. When
you are feeling stressed your ability to cope may not be as
good as when you are happy and relaxed. Plan ahead and write
a list of 10 things that you love to do and make you happy.
Activities like calling a good friend, going to a movie, taking
a bubble bath, walking the dog, taking a hip hop exercise
class, whatever it is as long as it makes you feel better
do it! Keep your list and when you feel overwhelmed or frazzled
pick one thing off the list and enjoy.