breast surgery

Subscribe to receive the newsletter

Diary of a Breast Surgery Patient

Of course I always wondered and fantasized about what it would be like to have a breast augmentation, But it always seemed so complicated and un real for me.

To tell you a little about me, I'm a twenty three year old, single mother of a 3 year old little son named Chris. I work full-time, plus waitress part-time, go to school and raise my son. So life as I see it is pretty full and overwhelming. I still always admired girls who had implants, and wished I to could have them.

In December of 2001, my sister had her augmentation done. Her breast's looked beautiful!! I was so jealous of her! Here I was a single mother, already feeling not skinny enough, my breast were drooping from nursing my son, I rarely had time to put make-up on, and my 5'4'' 105 pd sister gets her breast done. She was what I wanted to be. She had the confidence in herself that I wanted to have, But I still never thought it would happen.

Finally, in August of 2003, my time had arose. I met Dr. Corbin and his staff for my consultation and they were so patient with me. I was real nervous, because when you fantasize about what it would be like to have an augmentation, it's just a fantasy, it's not real, and now it was becoming real. I called and asked questions probably everyday for 2 weeks, before my pre-oprative appointment even came. Then I had my preoperative appointment Monday August 8th, and Surgery was scheduled for Wednesday August 20th. I was so nervous. I had weird dreams. My mind was constantly racing with questions but I was determined to have surgery.

At my consultation with Dr. Corbin he assessed my breast and stated I needed a lift. I knew at that time I didn't feel good about myself and there was one of the reasons. I needed a lift on the left breast due to it being quite a bit uneven with my right side.

I agreed. Anything to make my breast beautiful. I also was a candidate for silicone implants, which after doing a lot of research on the difference and the naturality of saline versus silicone. I chose the silicone. I wanted to look natural so when Marilyn, the nurse at Dr. Corbin's sized me I decided on 350cc's.

Wednesday, August 20th, 2003: Now The Surgery Day had arrived. I had my ride prepared to pick me up after surgery, all my questions had been answered by Dr. Corbin and his staff, I got my prescriptions filled, I did everything, I even bought a pillow that had arms on it and sat at a upright position, in fear of being uncomfortable after surgery. I went to work today and I'm all dried up and miserable-no food or drink since midnight of the previous night, I have anticipation, adrenaline rushes, and it feels like 4:30pm will never come. It did.

Thursday August 21st, 2003: Well I woke up @ 3:30am with quite a bit of uncomfortableness, so my friend gave me my pain medication, and back to sleep I went. I woke up at 6:45am, (creature of habit) And was a little uncomfortable due to the ace wrap being so tight. Other than the ace wrap being wrapped so tight, I honestly felt ok. I didn't feel as bad as I thought it would be at all. We were going to take the ace wrap off at 4:30pm, and when the time came 3 of my friends came over, ( as my friend quoted it "We have to see the unvailing") Then we took the ace wrap off and I felt like my lungs had been cleansed. I felt like a new person, when it was removed I felt I had finally arrived - I HAD BREASTS. Beautiful breasts, a dream come true.

Friday August 22nd, 2003: I'm going to pick my son up from school today with my mom. I haven't seen him in 2 days, I really miss him. (Luckily my Ex-Husband was kind enough to keep him while I recovered from surgery.) Were making a long haul down to my moms in Canyon Lake, It's going to be a long ride in the car but I still need help with my son and getting around. I can move myself pretty good and am taking only 1/2 of the prescribed amount of pain medication, along with tylenol. The pain is nothing like I thought it would be.

Saturday August 23rd, 2003: I'm going back home today. Honestly, my son and my little sister are driving me mad. My son wants to see my owies all the time. He knows I can't pick him up due to my surgery and he doesn't understand what type of surgery I had ( which is good) But he's very curious to see my wounds. Him and my little sister bicker all the time so my mom's taking me home to rest and have some time to myself. I'm able to move around very well by myself now, and am no longer taking pain medication. So, I feel I'll be fine at home by myself.

It has now been over 3 months, and I feel like a new person. The confidence and motivation I've gained in myself is unreal. Thank you to Dr. Corbin and his staff's patience with me I'm now a new women with a new perspective on life!! I have no scaring around the areolar, and you can't even tell I had implants put in. They look so natural and beautiful just like I wanted.

Call Dee to arrange your consultation; Beverly Hills (310) 284-8384 or Brea (714) 671-3033.

read our past newsletter